Integrated Planning: Creating sustainable communities
Understand ways to engage stakeholders and plan sustainability at a community-wide scale. Learn how environmental issues, planning policy and sustainability focused tools can inform decision making at the planning stage.
About the course
This half day course covers the second stage of the building lifecycle. Learners will benefit from expert industry speakers and academics giving real-life industry examples of integrated sustainable planning in action and the lessons learned from these projects.
- The drivers for integrated planning and the policy framework that surrounds sustainable planning
- The current carbon policy landscape and what this means for the industry
- The approach to the planning of neighbourhoods from ecological, infrastructure, social and risk driven perspectives
- A masterplan approach to planning with case study examples of specific projects feeding into the masterplan, sharing lessons learned and how to overcome challenges
Who should attend:
Local authority planners, architects, sustainability consultants, developers, housing associations, project managers, sustainability professionals
- Jennifer Daothong, LLDC
- Mike Roberts, HAB Housing
- Alina Congreve, UK-GBC