Webinar: Science-Based Targets
Science-based targets (SBTs) are emission reduction targets adopted by organisations to reduce their Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and address climate change. The webinar aims to provide an overview to SBTs and their importance to the industry, a background to the different methodologies to set reduction targets and provide and introduction to the SBT initiative.
The webinar will cover:
- The background to science-based targets and what is means to be ‘science-based’
- The process of setting SBTs
- The methodologies used to set SBTs, particularly the sectoral decarbonisation approach.
- Key drivers and the business case for setting SBTs
The webinar will not cover the implementation side of SBT setting. For practical guidance on the ‘how to’ and learn first-hand from organisations who have set SBTs, please consider attending the masterclass as follow up to this webinar.
Who should attend:
This webinar is suitable for any built environment professional, interested in science-based targets, but particularly from organisations with a substantial carbon emission profile.
- UK-GBC representative on SBTs
- Susie Wood, Senior Manager, Science-Based Targets Initiative.