Activities at Ecobuild 2017
Ecobuild announced in October that UK-GBC will once again be Lead Partner for the 2017 exhibition.
UK-GBC at Ecobuild:
- UK-GBC main Conference sessions
- UK-GBC City Hall seminar sessions
- Member's area on our stand
- Help and inspiration from the UK-GBC team
UK-GBC CEO, Julie Hirigoyen will be hosting thought-provoking sessions on the main conference stage on each of the three days of the exhibition.
Tuesday 7 March
Ready for the future? What's next for sustainable housing? - 10.30am, Main Arena
How should we respond to the housing shortage and make sure new homes are sustainable, affordable, adaptable, and promote healthy lifestyles? Senior industry leaders will discuss how we can respond to these challenges by rethinking existing models and embracing emerging, innovative solutions for investment, design and delivery. Read more
Wednesday 8 March
Ready for the future? What's next for sustainable workplaces? - 1.15pm, Main Arena
With an increasing focus on health and wellbeing in the workplace, understanding how design and operation of offices impacts on the workforce is vital. Senior industry leaders will discuss how we can respond to the increasing demand for healthy spaces, emerging technologies, future working patterns and human-centred design. Read more
Thursday 9 March
Ready for the future? What's next for sustainable retail? - 10.30am, Main Arena
Retail in the UK is undergoing significant change, which provides us with an opportunity to rethink people’s relationship with place and products. Industry leaders will discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by rapid technological and consumer-led change, exploring emerging shopping models that are set to change the industry and what this means for the high street and customer experience. Read more
City Hall seminar sessions
A series of seminars, debates and practical sessions around core sustainability thinking will take place at City Hall, attracting built environment professionals seeking information, inspiration and tangible evidence for why sustainability is the future of commercial construction.
- Carbon reduction in the built environment: Tuesday 7 March at 12pm
- How to better engage clients with embodied carbon: Tuesday 7 March, at 4.30pm
- Breakthrough Innovation - Re-thinking approaches in the built environment: Wednesday 8 March at 10.30am
- The next decade: How can we take sustainability in the built environment mainstream? (followed by awards and drinks reception): Wednesday 8 March at 4.30pm
- UK-GBC and WorldGBC on Healthy homes: Thursday 9 March at 12pm
- Regeneration: can retrofit be part of the solution?: Thursday 9 March at 1.30pm
Rising Star Award 2017
The Rising Star 2017 award ceremony will take place during a reception on 8 March at Ecobuild 2017 (stand number C145). Please do let us know you're coming by registering here.
This is a great opportunity for the industry to celebrate the success of everyone who has been nominated for this very special award over the past 5 years, so please do encourage colleagues to join us.
UK-GBC stand and meeting area
UK-GBC will once again have a stand at the heart of the exhibiton, next to the City Hall seminar area, where members can arrange to meet and network. The team will be on hand to answer any questions about membership, future focus and how to get involved.