Applications for the Leadership Accelerator are now OPEN - please complete and return an application form to email@example.com to apply.
UK-GBC’s Leadership Accelerator is designed to advance the pace at which industry leaders can drive radical change by providing the insights, tools, and network to deliver breakthrough.
Far from a traditional leadership programme, delegates will be exposed to a unique mix of world-class learning techniques and peer-to-peer dialogue. The Leadership Accelerator will inspire industry leaders to think differently, hone their own personal leadership and storytelling skills, and be inspired to challenge existing business models and systems.
Details of the Programme
To find out more about the benefits of the programme, for both you and your organisation, see the programme prospectus, but please find an outline below.
By taking part in the Leadership Accelerator you will:
- Accelerate your own leadership journey by understanding the power of ‘purpose’, and how to maximise your leadership presence
- Gain important insights into the innovation, and systems thinking to help you overcome the blockages within your organisational system
- Learn techniques for high impact storytelling, which will help you gain buy-in to your breakthrough strategy, and drive cultural and behavioural change in your business
- Learn how to develop and implement a breakthrough strategy, and how to best apply yourself to drive transformative change in a business context
Through a 5 part curriculum, you will learn how to achieve breakthroughs in your own leadership journey as well as within your organisation:
- Breakthrough Strategy
At the end of the six months, you will be invited to join the alumni network - a growing group of like-minded individuals that come together periodically to engage on some of the industry's hot topics and toughest challenges.
The key outcomes of this programme are:
- For you – new insights and an accelerated leadership journey
- For your organisation – a breakthrough strategy
- For the sector – input to a wider ‘systems change’ transformational shift
The programme comprises 40 CPD hours plus at least 40 guided learning hours.
Benefits for the individual
By taking part in the Leadership Accelerator Programme you will:
- Learn from expert speakers and equip yourself with key leadership skills and tools to drive systems and culture change in your organisation
- Develop and implement a breakthrough strategy in your organisation, helping you position you business as a sustainability leader
- Explore future scenarios considering how these could affect your existing strategy and business models
- Learn how to maximise personal and organisational influence through powerful storytelling
- Form lasting links to a powerful community and support network of sustainability leaders
- Benefit from formalised links with the UK-GBC Leaders’ Network - an exclusive group of senior business executives from across the sector
Benefits for the Organisation
Organisations with someone on the Leadership Accelerator programme can:
- Develop motivated and passionate leaders who become even better equipped drive the value of a sustainable approach to business
- Facilitate development of free-thinking individuals with fresh perspectives and ideas, inspired by interaction with peers
- Equip sustainability leaders with the knowledge, skills, and tools do drive positive change in your business and make a tangible impact
- Benefit from new insights which are realised through implementation of a breakthrough strategy
Who should take part?
To take part in the Accelerator, you should have at least 10 years professional experience and be in a role with influence over organisational strategy and a remit for positive change. Applicants will be selected based on their knowledge and experience of sustainability in the built environment, and most importantly, their desire to challenge current systems and ways of working, and achieve a breakthrough that will transform their organisations approach.
This programme would be highly relevant to the following roles: Head of Sustainability, Head of Marketing, Head of Finance, Head of Strategy.
John Logan, Sustainability Manager, Sir Robert McAlpine
£3999 UK-GBC members / £5499 non-members
Each year, we offer a bursary place to not-for-profit organisations or SMEs. In order to be considered for this place, your organisation must be a UK-GBC member - see our membership section for more details on how to sign up.
Apply for the Leadership Accelerator
Applications for the Leadership Accelerator are now OPEN. If you are interested in taking part, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please complete and return an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The Application Process
- We will be accepting up to 16 sustainability leaders on Leadership Accelerator. As with our other executive leadership programmes, we expect applications to be highly competitive, and we will be accepting a maximum of two applicants from each organisation.
- All applications must receive support from a board level leader in their organisation. Usually, this comes in the form of a nomination, but if you are interested in being considered for the programme, you can seek this support yourself.
- Once all applications are received, they are put before a review panel for assessment and a decision will be made within 4 weeks. As part of the application process, you may be asked to participate in a short telephone interview. Applicants are chosen based upon their knowledge, experience, and desire to challenge current systems and ways of working.
Julie Hirigoyen, Chief Executive, UK-GBC