Organisational Measurement and Reporting
The Task Group reviewed the benefits and challenges of organisational measuring and reporting, the existing measurement and reporting landscape and identify the role of the UK-GBC in promoting organisational measuring and reporting.
Date founded: 10/01/08
Number of members: 8
Key outcomes of the Task Group
The Measurement and Reporting Task Group launched the final report Organisational Measurement and Reporting on 9 July 2008.
The Task Group recommendations were as follows:
- The UK-GBC play an active role in promoting organisational sustainability measurement and reporting
- The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Framework is adopted as the common international organisational sustainability reporting standard (for the built environment sector)
- Greater coordination and collaboration between sectors, measurement frameworks and tool providers is required to drive sustainability performance improvement
Following the Task Group recommendations the UK-GBC contributed towards the development of a GRI Construction Real Estate Sector Supplement, this was launched in October 2011.
The Green Building Guidance Task Group is also taking forward these recommendations, around promoting meaurement and reporting as well as greater collaboration within the industry.
Task Group members
- Fiona Parry, Lend Lease
- Alex Amato, Davis Langdon
- Peter Fisher, Bennetts Associates
- Roger Float, WT Partnership
- James Kelly, Mace Ltd
- Sean Lockie, Faithful + Gould
- Jules Saunderson, Fulcrum
- Matthew Tippett, Upstream Sustainability Services, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Miles Watkins, Aggregate Industries