Radical transformation of our built environment is often best viewed through the lens of a city. UK-GBC has increased its activities focussed on city and neighbourhood scale sustainability in recent years, and our work is growing.
- Sustainable Cities Leadership Summit: In January 2017, UK-GBC held a one day conference in Leeds in association with Core Cities UK, to bring together public and private sector leaders to accelerate action on sustainable cities. An output report, summarising discussions and setting out next steps is available here.
- Policy briefings and guidance: UK-GBC have a long track-record of engagement with planning and building regulations policy. Most recently this has focused on the levers available to local authorities to drive high quality development following major changes at national level.
- Manchester Summit: UK-GBC's inaugural City Summit was a collaborative policy-making and education exercise with Manchester City Council, designed to inform the city's long term city strategy.
- Birmingham Summit: A partnership with Birmingham City Council, including our second major City Summit, saw us take a process of 'breakthrough innovation' to the city, working with stakeholders to tackle some of the city's key built environment challenges and co-create solutions.
- Regeneration task group: A project coming out of the Birmingham 'breakthrough' process, designed to provide industry and local authorities with the tools they need to take major retrofit-led regeneration initiatives to market.