Course Mail: bite-size learning for a sustainable built environment
UKGBC’s Course Mail is on-demand learning, accessible on-the-move or at your desk. You and your colleagues can receive bite-sized learning in easy-to-read emails direct to your inbox on key topics surrounding sustainability and the built environment. These are designed to provide entry-level knowledge on sustainability that can be shared throughout organisations.
Who should sign up?
- Course Mail is aimed at those not yet involved in sustainability or those simply wanting a refresh.
- The Course Mails may be of particular interest to you if you are a professional working in architecture, M&E/civil engineering, construction, and in general if you are a stakeholder of any built environment project and wish to have a quick, clear, basic introduction to sustainability. This course will empower you to start discussions with other professionals around green principles and how you might be able to incorporate these in your projects.
- Prior knowledge of Sustainability is NOT a requirement.
Why sign up?
Sustainability is business-critical. Your organisation is competing in a fast-changing world, where sustainability imperatives are becoming more prominent for investors, employees, and the wider industry.
Through the Course Mails you can keep up to date with the key information you need to make sure you understand the:
- Business case for a sustainable built environment
- Key drivers, policy, frameworks and market demand for sustainable buildings and infrastructure
- Key principles of green building and construction
- FREE for UKGBC members
- £30 per person plus VAT for non-members
Sign up to Course Mail series one using the form below. Once you have signed up, you will receive a sequence of easy to read emails (starting with a welcome email) with further installments every 3 days thereafter. You don’t need to do anything – you just read the content after signing up.
Series 1 – Sustainability in the built environment
The first series will take you through the basics in sustainable development with key principles and latest research, covering six themed mailings:
- Sustainability principles
- Climate change and the built environment
- Energy and carbon efficiency in buildings
- Buildings and human health
- Sustainable use of natural resources in construction
- The building lifecycle
- Sustainability at the neighbourhood and urban scale
- Creating a better built environment
Each course mail will come with a short knowledge test. By completing all eight, you will earn 2 CPD hours.
Series 2 – What is a sustainable building?
Course Mail series two is delivered in four easy-to-read emails. After signing up you’ll receive a course mail every week over four weeks. Once you receive the emails you can read the information when and where it suits you.
The aim of this series is to provide a summary of what a sustainable building looks like, not only in terms of physical features but also processes and impact of stakeholders. The building lifecycle provides the structure for the series.
The four key sustainability topics covered in this series are:
- Is concept stage the right time to kick off sustainability?
- What are the sustainable considerations at design stage?
- What are the features of sustainable construction?
- What role does sustainability play in operation and disposal/revival of buildings?
Each course mail will come with a short knowledge test. By completing all four, you will earn 1 CPD hour.
Series 3 – Circular economy in the built environment
Course Mail series three is delivered in four easy-to-read emails. After signing up you’ll receive a Course Mail every three days over two weeks. Once you receive the emails you can read the information when and where it suits you.
Prior knowledge on the circular economy is not required to enjoy this Course Mail. Anyone working in the built environment will find use in our bite-sized sustainability learning.
The aim of this series is to provide an overview on circular economy in the built environment looking at materials, buildings, cities and infrastructure. A set of drivers towards circularity and efficient use of resources will complete this series.
The four key topics covered in this series are:
- Introduction to circular economy: setting the scene
- Circular economy from a micro-scale perspective: materials and buildings
- Circular economy from a macro-scale perspective: cities and infrastructure
- Leadership examples: a vision towards circular economy
Each Course Mail will come with a short knowledge test. By completing all four, you will earn 1 CPD hour.
PLEASE NOTE – You should receive a welcome email within a few hours of signing up, if this does not come through, please check your junk or clutter folder, if you still cannot find your Course Mail you may need to make safe (whitelist) the address that sends the Course Mail. Details of how to do this can be found here.
For more information please contact email@example.com.