COURSE: Course Mail Series 4 – Nature and Biodiversity in the Built Environment
Course Mail series 4 is delivered in four easy-to-read emails. After signing up you will receive an automatic ticket email from Eventbrite as confirmation. You will then receive the first Course Mail in the series shortly after and every week over four weeks. Once you receive the emails you can read the information when and where it suits you.
Through the series we will introduce the importance of restoring nature and biodiversity in the built environment not just for the intrinsic value but in order to mitigate and adapt to climate change, promote the health and wellbeing of people and create long lasting socio-economic value.
We’ll look at natural systems in the building industry and how construction practices effect those systems, explore key concepts and provide insight into current and emerging government policies in the UK. Finally, by examining existing examples from industry, we’ll demonstrate how pioneers and innovators are creating and maintaining better places.
It is split into four emails:
- Why Nature and Biodiversity is Important to the Built Environment
- Green and Blue Infrastructure
- Biodiversity Net Gain
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services
Prior knowledge on nature and biodiversity in the built environment is not required to enjoy this Course Mail, it is designed to benefit everyone working in the built environment.
- To have an understanding of some of the key concepts and terminology around nature and biodiversity, and how they are applied in practice in the built environment
- Gain an overview of the global context and related UK government policy landscape
- Be aware of the impacts and dependencies the built environment has on nature and biodiversity
At the end of each Course Mail there will be a short series of questions to check your understanding. Once you’ve completed the course (four quizzes overall) you will receive a 1 hour CPD certificate.
Find out more about our other Course Mail series here.