COURSE: Level 2 Workshop: Advancing Net Zero
May 14, 2019
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
UKGBC, The Building Centre, 26 Store St, Fitzrovia, London WC1E 7BT
On 30 April, UKGBC launched a framework definition for net zero carbon buildings for the UK market. The framework definition was developed by an industry task group of over 40 businesses and non-profit organisations from across the built environment – you can view it here. This course will be the first opportunity to explore the framework with members of the task group.
At this workshop, we will enable participants to:
- Understand the imperative towards a net zero carbon built environment
- Understand the global Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment and the new UK framework
- Explore issues and approaches to addressing in-use energy performance and embodied carbon
- Robert Cohen, Technical Director – Building Owners and Real Estate, Verco Global
- Bev Taylor, Director of Energy & Environment, Bruntwood
- Richard Twinn, Senior Policy Advisor, UKGBC
- Karl Desai, Projects Manager – Advancing Net Zero, UKGBC
Level 2 half day courses are for those learners with a base level of sustainability knowledge but who want to know more about a topic and share ideas with others. They are an introduction to a subject, designed to help participants define the problem, understand the drivers, current market and policy landscape and begin to consider or develop ways of applying solutions in their business. Workshops are compelling and interactive, providing attendees with fresh insights and examples of best practice, whilst also providing an opportunity for participants and speakers to network and share experiences.
Who should attend?
Attend if you are a built environment professional (involved in the strategic planning of operations or delivery of buildings) who is curious to learn industry insights about eliminating carbon from your activities and how this has can be achieved on various projects.
Level 2 courses equip you with the knowledge and information you need to galvanise positive change in your organisation.
CPD: 3 hours
Gold leaf free places are available for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.