EVENING COURSE: Level 2 – Tuning Buildings: Is it Possible to Balance Efficient Operation and Occupants’ Health & Wellbeing?
January 15, 2019
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Useful Projects, The Clove Building, 4 Maguire St, London SE1 2NQ
This Level 2 evening session will cover Post Occupancy Evaluation, Health and Wellbeing, and ‘tuning’ of mechanical systems and impacts on the comfort of the indoor environment.
Our speakers will give an overview on approaches to ‘tuning’ mechanical systems for ongoing operational energy efficiency, occupants’ comfort and wellbeing and the interactions between these two aspects.
Do energy efficiency and wellbeing complement each other? Do we have to sacrifice one to enhance the other? These questions will be the centre of a sparkly debate involving all attendees and led by our expert speakers.
Focusing mostly on commercial buildings, we will cover methods for:
- Understanding building performance in depth
- Identifying and evaluating performance data including Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Engaging occupants using surveys such as BUS methodology and focus groups
- Closing the performance gap using Soft Landings
Includes refreshments and networking.
- Tom Randall – Head of Building Optimisation Service, Verco
- Carrie Behar – Senior Sustainability Consultant, Useful Projects
- 5:00pm – Welcome and registrations
- 5:30pm – Main sessions: ‘Tuning’ Buildings for Optimal Energy Performance, Post Occupancy Evaluation for Health and Wellbeing
- 6:20pm – Debate and discussion
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Networking drinks
CPD: 2 hours
Gold Leaf members can use their complimentary space allocation for this course. (For gold leaf complimentary places, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a discount code for your organization which you can use to register your place free of charge).
For more information please contact email@example.com