COURSE: Level 2: Onsite Learning Tour, KAMPUS Project Manchester
June 20, 2019
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Marketing suite, KAMPUS, Aytoun St, Manchester, M1 3DA
This learning tour is an opportunity to explore the site and hear from the project team of a mixed-use development planned in central Manchester. Currently under development, KAMPUS is a 2.5 acre, joint venture with Capital & Centric and Henry Boot Developments. The 5-building project will provide private rental scheme properties (a mixture of new builds and refurbished heritage properties), plus leisure and retail space designed to enhance community integration and wellbeing.
The project will offer residents beehives for cultivating honey, yoga and other group activities. and plenty of outdoor greenery and planting in the ‘urban jungle’. As well as biodiversity gains, the project has retained the original frames from the former site and will maintain the heritage of two original listed buildings.
We will be joined by members of the design and delivery teams to share the key features, objectives and learnings from the development and visit in situ the realisation of the significant elements of the masterplan.
- Meet key members of the design and delivery teams to explore the design and its realisation
- Opportunity to hear from structural team at BuroHappold on material efficiency and circular economy applications at KAMPUS
- Understand the key learnings from the development so far
- Take a tour of relevant elements of the site under construction
You will need to bring your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course, including:
- Hard hat
- Safety boots with steel toecaps
- High visibility vest or jacket
You must wear socks and shorts are not permitted on site.
Who should attend?
This tour is for developers, designers, project managers and will be particularly interesting for organisations based in and around Greater Manchester.
Attend if you are interested in mixed use ventures in development, design and construction of city centre estate and community wellbeing.
- Jo Thetford, Principal Sustainability Consultant at Hilson Moran and Local Network Coordinator at UKGBC (Greater Manchester)
- Chris Stalker, Developer, KAMPUS, Manchester
- Mark Cunliffe, Senior Structural Engineer, BuroHappold Engineering
- Georgina Chamberlain, Associate Sustainability Consultant, BuroHappold Engineering
CPD: 2 hours
Gold leaf free places are available for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.