COURSE: Level 2 Workshop: Tackling Scope 3 Emissions in the Built Environment
January 29, 2020
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
FCBStudios, 20 Tottenham St, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 4RG
This workshop will provide participants with a fuller understanding of scope 3 emissions and the value of reporting in tackling carbon. Attendance is important for stakeholders from any built environment organisation seeking to demonstrate leadership in achieving net zero emissions.
The workshop will guide participants through the main stages of scope 3 reporting, including the benefits of getting started, best practice guidance for the screening process and identifying emissions hotspots, and accounting principles for key activities in commercial real estate. The focus will be on scope 3 emissions for organisations across the building value chain (e.g. designers, developers, owners/investors), including examining embodied carbon throughout the design, construction and operation stages of a building’s life.
The workshop will include a thorough investigation of UKGBC’s Guide to Scope 3 Reporting in Commercial Real Estate, presented by the authors – interested participants are encouraged to review the guide for a taster. Insights will also be shared from industry experts to illustrate how scope 3 reporting can be used to inform strategies to deliver lower carbon buildings, including tips and tricks for collaborating with supply chains and customers.
We will also encourage participants to develop their own work plan to help identify what concrete actions they can take back into their role. UKGBC facilitators will also be available for a follow-up 2-3 months after the workshop to check-in on progress and provide any necessary support.
Level 2 half day courses are mainly for those learners with a base level of sustainability knowledge but want to know more about a topic, and to network and share ideas with others.
- Richard Twinn, Senior Policy Advisor, UKGBC
- Karl Desai, Projects Manager – Advancing Net Zero, UKGBC
- Sam Monger, Director of Strategy & Research, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Emma Watson, Senior Consultant, Carbon Intelligence
- Understand the importance and commercial benefits of scope 3 reporting, including links with other reporting mechanisms e.g. CPD, SBTi, TCFD.
- Explore the scope 3 reporting process from three different stages – beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Recognise the value of UKGBC resources to ease the reporting process, including the Guide to Scope 3 Reporting in Commercial Real Estate.
- Gain insights from experts that have used scope 3 reporting to effectively collaborate with supply chains and customers to reduce emissions.
- Understand what emissions reductions activities your company can apply, using example screening scenarios from different built environment sectors.
CPD: 3 hours
Free gold leaf places are available for this course, please contact email@example.com to apply. Book your free places early to avoid disappointment as these are on a first come first served basis.