COURSE: Maximising the commercial benefits of Biodiversity Net Gain
Understand how the Government’s upcoming Biodiversity Net Gain requirement can be utilised by business to access the economic, societal and environmental benefits of nature.
The updated Environment Bill will make Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) mandatory for new developments. This requirement creates an opportunity for organisations to access and apply the multifunctional benefits of nature in a commercial setting. The evidence in support of using Nature-based Solutions (NBS) in the built environment continues to grow as it is increasingly used. By taking this further and understanding how these benefits can be delivered at different scales, the new regulatory requirements will catalyse the creation of more high-quality NBS that maximises return on investment.
- Understand the UK policy landscape
- Recognise key metrics and data sets, understand their limitation and strengths as well as their role in building the business case
- Explore good quality NBS which maximises functionality
- Review best practice case studies, gain insights and reflect on lessons learned from experienced professionals
- Discuss different delivery processes to understand how they guide development
- Dr Gemma Jerome, Director, Building with Nature
Clare Warburton, Principal Adviser Green Infrastructure, Natural England
- Rosie Lodge, Sustainability Consultant, BDP
- Alexandra Willey, Director of Strategic Asset Management, Clarion Housing Group
- Daniel Evans, Associate, Clifton Emery Design
- Robert Winch, Sustainability Officer, UKGBC
- Anna Hollyman, Sustainability Advisor, UKGBC
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for sustainable built environment professionals involved in the design and delivery of buildings. This is suited to those with a basic understanding of green infrastructure and biodiversity net gain but would like to learn how they can utilise the Government’s upcoming biodiversity net gain requirement to provide an economic, societal and environmental uplift.
Particularly interesting for sustainability officers and analysts, ecologists and project managers.
At the end of the session, you will better understand how and why organisations should create nature-based solutions when complying with the BNG requirements of the Environment Bill.
There are free Gold Leaf places available for this event. Please contact email@example.com to register.