COURSE: Reflect and Rebuild: Connecting in Nature
August 2, 2021 (10:00 am - 4:00 pm)
August 3, 2021
Retreat woodland location near Bridgnorth, Shropshire
We are still shaping this programme, please register your interest and we will confirm costs and details soon.
Covid-19 has taken its toll on our health and wellbeing, it has also impacted our social and professional networks. Since the first lockdown, how we connect with each other and how we interact with our built environment has shifted fundamentally. Individuals and businesses have suffered, yet many of us have experienced a renewed appreciation of nature and the multiple benefits it can bring.
We need to reconnect with one another and build back our businesses with resilience. Yet at the same time, we need to shift towards to an environment – built, natural and professional – that enables us to meet our sustainability ambitions for 2030 and beyond.
This Pilot 2-day programme is positioned as an immersive and experiential course. It aims to support UKGBC members during this transition, allowing businesses and individuals to explore in depth what needs to change to build back better. It will provide an opportunity to reconnect with our values, reflect on the increased momentum around sustainability, and transition towards new ways of working together to accelerate change. It will weave in elements drawn from our leadership courses, that lift our focus towards systems change and purpose-driven transformation.
Reflect and Rebuild: Connecting in Nature entails 3 key components:
- Reconnect – (with yourself and with colleagues and peers, face to face in nature)
- Reflect – (not just on 2020, but bigger picture: business resilience, the climate emergency and the transition to net zero)
- Rebuild – (looking ahead to what is needed to ‘build back better, for yourself, your business and the built environment)
Detailed location details to be provided upon sign up. For logistical planning, nearest train stations are Wolverhampton and Telford, (30 mins away), and nearest town to the retreat location is Bridgnorth, Shropshire.
Who should attend?
UKGBC members, individuals, team leaders who would benefit from a day immersed in nature, and connecting to others, on what is needed to ‘build back better’.
Connect face-to-face with others from across member organisations to share challenges and insights. Take time out from the business of life, for yourself to connect with nature and with others, and experience nature/mindfulness/bushcraft activities in a remote retreat location.
- Practise how to use nature as a powerful antidote for anxiety and stress, helping build resilience and refresh your mind following this year of remote / online working.
- Share perspectives with those you connect with and gain insights.
- Explore your own role in these rapidly changing times.
- Feel empowered by actions to take forward into your work and business.
- Feel positive, uplifted and connected!
The programme can also be delivered for whole teams (8-12 people), please get in touch with email@example.com if this is of interest for your organisation.
Discounted Gold Leaf tickets available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This course will be run in accordance with Covid-19 Government guidelines, and protocols will be closely followed.