WEBINAR: An Introduction to the Government’s Transforming Construction Challenge and What it Means for a Sustainable Built Environment
In 2018 the UK government launched the Industrial Strategy Challenge, including the Transforming Construction challenge. The challenge aims to transform the construction sector – enabling it to produce safe, healthy, efficient building using the latest digital manufacturing techniques. It should support the industry to adopt these technologies and help buildings to be constructed 50% faster, 33% cheaper and with half the lifetime carbon emissions.
The government is investing up to £170 million, matched by £250 million from industry. Key programme activities include:
- Core Innovation Hub for Construction
- Active Building Centre
- Research and development funding
- Construction network and community
In this webinar Innovate UK will introduce the challenge and provide an update on progress to date and there will be opportunities for attendees to ask questions and engage in discussion.
- Simon Hart, Built Environment Platform Leader, Innovate UK
- Alastair Mant, Head of Business Transformation, UKGBC
- Julia Clough, Sustainability Learning Officer, UKGBC
Who should attend:
Practioners, academics and students interested in innovation, digitilisation, renewable energy and the future of construction.