EVENT: Capturing the value of sustainability – Bristol roundtable
May 8, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
JLL, 31 Great George St, Bristol BS1 5QD
Following the hugely successful launch of our “Capturing the value of sustainability” report, we are holding a roundtable event in Bristol on May 8th. The event will present an opportunity to discuss the outcomes of the report and help us shape our subsequent work on the topic of business value. Further information about the project itself can be found here.
Attendees can arrive from 11:45, for a midday start, finishing at 1:30. Lunch will be provided.
You will hear a summary of the UKGBC report “Capturing the value of sustainability” and we will then have a roundtable discussion of the report’s finding and recommendations. Points of discussion include:
- Do you agree that sustainability drives value for businesses?
- Which of the value drivers in the report do you believe is impacted the most by sustainable business activities?
- Do you receive pressure, and from whom (investors, clients, employees etc.), to demonstrate the value?
- Is your organisation using any of the suggested metrics or similar such metrics to demonstrate the value?
- What further work should be undertaken by UKGBC or others to progress the link between sustainability and value?
This would best suit people who are involved at the organisational/corporate level, such as heads of sustainability/CSR or senior members of finance, HR or business development teams. Therefore, if you think there is colleague who may be better placed to attend, please do make them aware of the roundtable. It doesn’t matter if they do not have a sustainability background or formal role (in fact that’s positively a good thing – this won’t be a ‘technical’ discussion) or if they have not had any interaction with UKGBC before.
Places are very limited. If you are a UKGBC member and would like to attend please email Alastair.Mant@ukgbc.org for more information.
Thank you to our Gold Leaf member JLL for providing the event venue and lunch.