ROUNDTABLE: Driving Race to Zero ambition with contractors and product manufacturing businesses
Please note, this event is for UKGBC’s contractor and product supplier members only. If you do not fit this target audience, UKGBC reserves the right to politely decline your registration.
2021 is the year of COP26, bringing an unprecedented opportunity for the construction sector to demonstrate its contribution to achieving the Paris Agreement goals. The built environment is responsible for approximately 40% of global carbon emissions and 50% of the world’s resource consumption. As a key contributor to these emissions and a huge influence in the sector as a whole, constructors and construction product companies must take collective responsibility to reduce emissions and play their part in creating a sustainable, net-zero and resilient future for everyone, everywhere.
However, construction companies remain one of the least represented business types in the Race to Zero. Now is the moment to switch from rhetoric to global action or risk being left behind.
In this spirit, this exclusive, close group discussion with UKGBC’s contractor and product supplier members aims to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of Race to Zero
- Support on any queries about the campaign
- Leverage knowledge from those already in the race from the group to assist others in their commitments
- Sonal Jain, Senior Director, JLL and Climate Champions Team
- Olwen Smith, UK & WW Regional Lead, Net Zero Campaigns, CDP
- Munish Datta, Director of Membership and Operations, UKGBC