EVENT: Ecobuild conference: Sustainability report for the UK built environment – doing well or could do better?
March 8, 2018
10:30 am - 11:30 am
ExCeL London, Royal Victoria Dock One, Western Gateway, London
UKGBC CEO Julie Hirigoyen will be chairing a session at ecobuild 2018 on Thursday March 8.
Sustainability report for the UK built environment – doing well or could do better?
Preliminary analysis by the UK Green Building Council suggests that the UK Property and Construction sector has a long way to go before it can be considered sustainable. The challenges are not new and ways of tackling them are well known, but effective action seems to be lacking. What are we doing well? Where could we do better? This cross-industry panel explores the issues and the audience will be invited to contribute their own suggestions and comments so that by the session’s end we can identify three key recommendations for action.
The session was a joint venture between ecobuild and UKGBC as a steering group member
Julie Hirigoyen, Chief Executive, UK Green Building Council
- Jannik Giesekam, Research Fellow, Centre for Industrial Energy, Materials and Products (CIEMAP), University of Leeds
- Adrian Gault, Acting Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Bill Dunster, Principal, ZEDfactory
- Louise Clarke, Head of Sustainable Places, Berkeley Group and member of the Green Construction Board
- Dr Stephanie Wray, President, CIEEM
UKGBC’s Julie Hirigoyen to introduce the session
Each panellist to have 7 minutes to present
Remaining time for debate and audience Q&A