EVENT: Innovation Showcase
March 28, 2019
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Level 39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
Update: This event has now passed. For more information on our Innovation activities please click here.
Today in the light of climate change, resource scarcity and changing demographics, adopting a sustainable approach has become a necessity. Overcoming significant systemic challenges demands radically new approaches to transform the way we live, and the buildings in which we live.
But how can we turn the promise of sustainable innovation into reality?
- 15:30-16:00 – Arrival & Networking
- 16:00-17:15 – Presentations, Pitches and Panel Discussion
- 17:15-19:00 – Speak to the Innovators/Drinks & Networking
At this event and drinks reception, supported by Innovate UK and Canary Wharf Group, we will be joined by innovators who will each set out their vision for the future of the built environment, what role they hope to play in it and what they see as the changes that need to be made to achieve it. Confirmed speakers include:
- Biohm: Biohm allows nature to lead innovation in the construction industry to create truly sustainable circular materials and buildings that are conducive to our health.
- Skyroom: Skyroom partner with London’s major landlords to add value to the disused, flat rooftops above their existing buildings, installing beautifully-designed, factory-made, high-quality, eco-friendly homes and rooftop gardens.
- Blockdox: Blockdox uses the very latest innovations in the Internet of Things, as well as machine and deep learning data science to drive building performance.
- AirEx: A smart ventilation control with sensors that measure temperature, humidity and air quality. Smart algorithms enable automatic air flow regulation to reduce heat loss and improve comfort, all without compromising on air quality in the home.
We will also hear from Innovate UK about the huge opportunity presented by the £170m Transforming Construction Challenge Fund, which aims to transform the construction sector – enabling it to produce safe, healthy, efficient building using the latest digital manufacturing techniques, and from Canary Wharf Group on their commitment to embedding innovation in their estate and business practices and the benefit that brings.
Following a series of short presentations, attendees will be challenged to consider their role in driving innovation within the sector over drinks and networking, and engage in discussion with the innovators to understand more about how the challenges can be overcome and the opportunities leveraged. There will also be an opportunity for individuals with a big idea to have their voice heard in a brief 1 minute pitch.
If you have a big idea you want to share, whether it’s an established business or something more intangible, we’d still love to hear from you! Please feel free to sign up for the Open-Mic ticket – we’ll be in touch to brief you on your 1 minute slot.