EVENT: Materials Reuse
UKGBC recently launched the outputs as part of its flagship Circular Economy Programme. These outputs are made up of two Implementation Packs that contain a number of guidance documents with the aim of supporting the built environment in putting challenging circular principles into practice, in relation to reuse and products as a service.
As we enter the decade of action and address the climate emergency, it is ever more important that we understand how to design and construct truly sustainable buildings and cities. These guides aim to support clients and project teams to make this a reality. In the West Midlands, we would like to explore opportunities for making reuse a reality and join up the value chain to support wider reuse across the region.
At this West Midlands online event, we will hear from a panel of industry experts who will discuss how we drive forward material reuse in the West Midlands and we would welcome audience participation through a Q&A discussion.
- Lydia Dutton, Sustainability Manager, University of Birmingham
- Ross Wood, Head of Sustainability – Construction, ISG plc
- Howard Button, Chief Executive, NFDC Ltd
- Philippa Birch-Wood, Local Network Coordinator – Birmingham and the West Midlands, UKGBC and Thrive Director, Chetwoods
- Lucy Rees, Sustainability Advisor, UKGBC