NEWS: UKGBC forms new Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group
The built environment sector must rapidly tackle the climate and ecological crises and associated social impacts. Stretching commitments are being made by governments, local authorities, industry organisations and individual companies. Achievement of these commitments requires radical changes in the way our built environment is planned, constructed, and operated. This is resulting in new challenges that UKGBC members across the industry are seeking solutions for.
To address this, UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation workstream seeks to:
- Increase the adoption of solutions that help address the industry’s most pressing environmental and social challenges.
- Showcase best practice built case studies and viable sustainability solutions through an ever-expanding Solutions Library.
- Help innovative start-ups scale and gain market insight through a discounted membership category and dedicated activities.
- Support a culture of open innovation and collaboration between corporates and start-ups.
As part of this work, UKGBC is pleased to announce the formation of a new Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group. The members of this group bring a range of expertise from different sub-sectors and disciplines, providing a wide knowledge base and variety of perspectives. The main purpose of this group is to:
- Review new solutions and case studies for inclusion in the Solutions Library to ensure their quality and appropriateness to UKGBC’s mission and membership base.
- Provide market insight and solution development advice to UKGBC’s Innovative Start-Up members to help them refine their offering and business models.
We are pleased to welcome the following UKGBC members to our Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group:
|Phanos Hadjikyriakou||Co-Founder and CEO||2050 Materials|
|Catriona Hyland||Research & Investments||A/O PropTech|
|Oliver Novakovic||Technical and Innovation Group Director||Barratt Developments Plc|
|Chloe Goulding||Senior Structural Engineer||Arup|
|Georgina Dowling||Senior Director – Head of Sustainability, Impact Assessment & Social Value||CBRE|
|Tania Jennings||Principal Domestic Energy Officer||Ealing Council|
|Ankita Dwivedi||Founder and CEO||Firstplanit|
|Andy Doyle||Innovation Director||Grosvenor|
|Phil Pearson||Project Director||Hoare Lea|
|Ian Fuller||Head of Sustainability||ISG|
|Matteo Deidda||Senior Sustainability Manager, People & Places||Lloyds Banking Group|
|Hayley Newman||Associate Director||MAPP|
|Kingma Ma||Head of UK||Proptech1 Ventures|
|Valentina Shegoyan||Managing Partner||REACH UK|
|Arsha Branson||Commercial Director||Sustainable Ventures|
|Sam Szczurek||Sustainable Innovation Lead||Transport for London|
|Jack Wardale||Associate||Undivided Ventures|
The formation of this group will strengthen UKGBC’s approach to enabling collaboration between corporates and innovators, and support us in sharing exemplary solutions and case studies with industry to accelerate change.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.