A step change in the sector’s environmental and social impact is required in order to achieve the UKGBC vision for a sustainable built environment. This requires innovation in technology, business models and ways of operating, however innovation in the sector can be slow.
UKGBC is undertaking work to enable a culture of open innovation within our members and to help innovative start-ups scale. This includes:
- Innovation Sprints in which participants are divided into groups and led through a one-day process that enables them to generate new and innovate solutions for a defined challenge, and present their concepts to a panel of judges at the end of the day;
- Innovation Showcases where innovators present their products and services and meet prospective collaborators and clients;
- Future Leaders, which brings together ambitious, high-potential professionals from across industry to take part in a unique 4–month programme of leadership and innovation;
- Highlighting existing innovative solutions through our publications and digital channels;
- Building a collaborative network of hubs, accelerators, investors and industry organisations who are also working with innovators to solve the built environment’s pressing environmental and social challenges;
- Welcoming more innovative start-ups into our membership, by reducing the cost of their annual membership to just £105. See here for details.
Contact Alastair.mant@ukgbc if you would like to collaborate on innovation activities
- Open Innovation Levels Framework
- Sustainable Innovation Manual and Templates
- Innovation Insights: Making space as agile as Technology
- Delivering Social Value: Community Engagement Hacked
With thanks to EIT Climate-KIC as funding partner for the Open Innovation Levels framework