Innovative Start-Up Forum
UKGBC has an expanding community of Innovative Start-Up members, who we bring together through this Forum to explore the challenges faced by innovators across the built environment, and to help find the solutions to them. The Forum is a collaborative and informal space, with meetings held on a quarterly basis open to all UKGBC Innovative Start-Up members. On an invite-only basis we also welcome involvement from other participants from the wider UKGBC membership, and beyond.
The Innovative Start-Up Forum intends to:
- Create a supportive community of peers to explore challenges they share and the potential solutions to them.
- Connect Innovative Start-Up members with the wider UKGBC corporate membership, facilitating knowledge sharing and network-building.
- Proactively engage start-ups in UKGBC activities.
- Help profile and scale purpose-driven innovators operating in the built environment.
The direction of the Forum is member-led, with all Innovative Start-Up members having the opportunity to propose and take part in activities. An Advisory Group of three Innovative Start-Up members work alongside UKGBC in-between meetings to ensure relevance of activities by providing ‘on the ground’ insight to support planning and preparation.
Innovative Start-Up Forum Advisory Group:
- Gilbert Lennox-King, CEO & Co-Founder, Construction Carbon
- Jade Cohen, Co-Founder, Qualis Flow
- Natasha Boulding, CEO & Co-Founder, Sphera
The inaugural Forum meeting was held in September 2021, with meetings being quarterly from then on.
If you are a UKGBC Innovative Start-Up member wishing to participate in the Forum, please contact Lucy Rees.
Innovative Start-Up members:
Profiles of current Innovative Start-Up members can be found via our Inside Innovation website.
If you would like to apply to become an Innovative Start-Up member, or for more information on this dedicated and discounted membership category, please see here. And for more information on the benefits of UKGBC membership, and how we support Innovative Start-Ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.