Policy & Advocacy
At a time of climate and nature emergency and a cost of living crisis, the UK needs bold government leadership and policy at national, devolved and local levels to transform our buildings, towns and cities. Industry has a crucial role to play in championing ambitious policies that can deliver at pace and scale.
UKGBC is the progressive voice of the building industry. The policy team works to influence key government decision-makers and to support members with their own advocacy efforts.
We do this through:
- Policy: Drawing on the diverse expertise and opinions of our members to develop science-based policy solutions and to shape our views and priorities.
- Advocacy: Working closely with senior policy makers and opinion formers in all parts of the UK and respond to important consultations and inquiries
- Media: Engaging with the media to help shape the debate
- Analysis: Publishing commentary and briefings on important built environment issues and developments including a monthly Policy and Public Affairs Update exclusively for members
- Events: Hosting and speaking at high-level debates, roundtables and events to promote important agendas
For more information on our policy work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.