Policy & Advocacy
We engage our members in advocating a progressive message to government, informing and influencing policy. We have developed a strong track record over the years, and have built constructive relationships with ministers and Parliamentarians.
There are some vital themes and opportunities which will dominate our policy & advocacy programme in 2018-19:
- The Clean Growth Strategy
- The Industrial Strategy
- The 25 Year Environment Plan
All of which take place against a back-drop of Brexit and ongoing devolution.
As always there will be opportunities to get involved via consultation responses, roundtables, workshops, events, joint letters, dinners and more. This includes:
- Parliamentary event on health & wellbeing in homes
- Public letter on Building Regulations from UKGBC Leaders Network
- Member workshop with BEIS on domestic Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards for 2030 and subsequent consultation
- Member workshop on future direction for domestic EPCs to feed into BEIS call for evidence
- Member workshop with BEIS on commercial sector policy
- Consultation response on commercial sector energy efficiency package
- Future of Building Regulations roundtable
- Review of Part L for residential and commercial buildings
- Parliamentary dinners on key topics
- Joint advocacy on Brexit with the Greener UK coalition
- Engaging with Industrial strategy opportunities and promoting our agenda on retrofit-led regeneration
Contact Jenny Holland if you would like to express an interest in any of the above.
If you are interested in sponsorship of our policy and advocacy work, please get in touch with John Alker.