Project Coordinator – Advancing Net Zero
UKGBC launched its Advancing Net Zero programme in 2018 to help lead the UK’s transition to a net zero carbon built environment. In the first eighteen months of the programme, the major output was the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Framework which has generated significant additional interest and demand from the industry to go even further and provide additional detail. Supporting outputs include a guide for commercial real estate companies on scope 3 reporting, a Climate Commitment Platform to drive climate leadership, hosting a European Summit and other awareness-raising activities. Throughout the programme, the emphasis on industry collaboration and partnership with other industry bodies has helped position UKGBC as the ‘go to’ body for providing the knowledge, information and solutions for delivering a net zero carbon built environment.
Key programme activities for 2020-21:
- Promote the WorldGBC Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment and UKGBC’s Climate Commitment Platform
- Cost evaluation study of net zero new buildings
- Guidance on renewable energy and offsets
- ‘Paris Proof’ energy performance targets for retail
- Bespoke support for UKGBC members on net zero projects and strategies
- Advocacy on COP26 and Local Government Climate Emergencies
We are recruiting a Project Coordinator – a key role within the team, who will provide administrative and research support for the programme, offering a fantastic opportunity not just to contribute at an exciting time of rapid change, but to gain valuable experience working with leading businesses and other stakeholders.
For further information and to apply click here.