December 12, 2017
Research & Innovation
Get involved: If you would like a copy of the sponsorship opportunity document please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vision is of a built environment at the heart of a circular economy – where waste is eliminated and materials retain value long after their original use. We are looking for visionary, courageous, and bold-thinking organisations to join us on this experiential learning journey towards a more circular built environment.
Over the next two years, we will be running a series of live experiments, testing the application of circular principles on real estate assets and construction projects.
We are holding a webinar on June 12th to launch the Circular Economy Programme. Find out more here.
Our aim is to facilitate collaborative approaches in overcoming common obstacles – you have told us these include:
- Limited practical action and engagement across the value chain
- Limited awareness and understanding
- Lack of business case evidence
- Multiple building owners over lifetime
- Product liabilities
- Business models
Outcomes and deliverables:
- Report on findings of Circular Economy practices amongst UKGBC Gold Leaf members
- Improved circular outcomes across a series of real-time projects
- Practical tips and lessons learnt for widespread consumption and application (visual outputs e.g. video, animation, infographics and comprehensive social media strategy
- Extensive series of awareness-raising events and educational courses
- Evidence to inform advocacy asks and policy development
- Links to UKGBC Innovation Programme and sustainable innovators
To discuss partnering with UKGBC on this programme please contact Anna.Surgenor@ukgbc.org.